Sunday, February 22, 2009

Dawn !

That part of the day which the wilderness within
meets : eye to eye, soul to soul, heart to heart
And
merges into it...
serenity, calmness...branch out from the trees
the chirrup of the winged beauties form a melody...
In fact I remember taking early morning walks for a couple of days when we were in Umergaon, a small village-upcoming township near Mumbai in Gujarat. Men opening shops, some cleaning with brooms themselves, some getting it done by peons. There was a banker, a Parsi who owned a Xerox-STD-ISD booth. I saw him brooming himself and then putting 'rangoli'. Now that's 'owner mentality', a lesson that I learnt, in the land where business runs in the blood. Then there were few 'chaiwalas' making 'adrak/elaichi chais'. You bet I would feel very tempted to take a morning sip. But...men standing with newspaper...small place...etc the usual social norms...and I would walk back home to have the drink in the comforts of home. Why can't a human being attired in woman's body enjoy certain things? I fight this out on a daily basis. Well I don't want to talk about the rigmarole pertaining to this topic. Coming back, yes the early morning spirit ran through all, whom I saw during my walks, sort of binding us all on the outer...even though we occupied different worlds within.

No comments:

Post a Comment