Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Cell phone

           Call it a blessing (when we use it for our self) or an evil (when someone else uses, in a way that disturbs your being). Instances of the latter kind are many but once while on train, going to Mumbai, there was this girl on her 'cell' talking incessantly about her boyfriend. As it is the season being summer, the coach was packed,  which meant I couldn't risk leaving my place, so was forced to hear all the details which maybe some other time may have sounded interesting but that day was just irritating ! Then there is this girl who stays in the flat one floor below and who comes out on the terrace which's below my window, to talk whenever her cell rings. One day I was reading, sitting near the window, one of my favourite reading corner, when these conversations broke my reverie : 'Ya she was wearing that apple green dress you know....which green?... I said apple green, the one she wears very rarely....ya the one with floral prints in the kurti....no no not that green something like green apple....'. This colour tale went on and on till I almost felt like grabbing her cell and explain to whoever it was on the other side which green this girl meant ! In fact I had forgotten whatever I had been reading and the mind wondered on the female quest to know details about 'colours and prints'. Then on other day I got to hear a full sermon why 'he' was not the right guy for Priya and how our girl had tried her best to convince her and I for once felt tempted to join the Engineering college which this girl attended.
                            One morning while enjoying the breeze on my terrace, out of nowhere came the voice,'mazha maher....ho na....tar kay sangu...nayee me mothi mulgee....mazha bhau... (my mother's place...oh ! what shall I say...no I am the eldest...my brother)' so on and so forth and I got all the information in one shot about the couple whom I had hardly met and who stayed in the flat above me, and whose window was above my terrace. God ! is there some place where I could enjoy privacy ? And the apartment complex where I stay all of a sudden appeared like a chawl. Then there is the lift where a gentleman starts his office right on the cell phone. The bus is another place where once I almost started worrying about the guy's problem at his office as there was nothing else to do as the traffic moved slowly. On another instance, a guy who was telling his boss,'I am on my way sir, am held in a traffic jam sir...' and this went on for about fifteen minutes until I got terribly bored. On top of it, this guy starts talking to me about his boss ! Where does this cell phone mania end ?

3 comments:

  1. Haa hhahah
    I know! How irritating it can be?
    Let me also add another one, in our Institute there are 2-3 girls who are always on cell.
    Every time u come up and down stairs u will find them all the time gossiping. Last year in our Institute's annual party, these were put under the "Most busiest phone" title. The Winner was quite embarrassed and since then she has cut down on her calls. heehehheh
    Have a nice time

    ReplyDelete
  2. And there are some people who have to scream on their cells at any gathering;most irritating

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you have written is so true but now we have got so used to it, if by chance its not nearby or at hand I go crazy thinking about who must be trying to contact me and such things. Cannot imagine life without it!

    ReplyDelete