Thursday, March 5, 2009

An evening at Paud Rd, Kothrud


Well, it was around 8 pm or so and I had an hour to kill. Thought of buying a birthday card for my FIL and right in front of me was Archies. Passing time at the card gallery was a hobby when I was in college. Its the same now except that its not frequent as it used to be. None of the cards satisfy but finally buy one that has what I want to say. The AC inside coupled with music made me take one more round of the card gallery though it lacked variety. Coming out I strolled outside for sometime, taking in the night breeze and watching people in action. Some trying to cross the road amidst the mad rush of vehicles, some entering shops and others coming out, the guards at certain shops and ATMs keeping a watch...Bought some chocolates and on an instinct entered a store that displayed Formal shirts. Bought a shirt for the birthday 'dad'. Now was the time for 'Tea break' and I looked around for some 'respectable' tea joints where I could take a sip at this hour. Finding none, decided to take a look at what 'krushnai' sold. Coffee 'espresso coffee'. said the menu card. Ordered one and sat on the chair in open air. There was little chance to gaze at the stars or the moon amidst the glitter of display boards, traffic lights etc. Men in different attires caught my attention. Some in shorts, others in casuals strolled by aimlessly. Some came out in their 'house apparels' to take a bite at the various snack stalls on the road. Then there were the 'Capgemini', 'Persistent'...software professionals in their uniforms, crisp formal attires, getting down from their respective buses with I cards dangling around their necks. The I cards somehow make me uncomfortable giving a feeling of 'office bound', however imressive their designs or the wearer might be. And for once, I am happy at my ' waiting for coffee, enjoying open air status'. The geeks however have a hurried look on their faces as they head towards their homes. Guys in cargos and jeans lean against their bikes, eyeing the few eves that dot the street. Then there are some dads waiting with their offsprings while their better halves buy vegetables etc. Very few women in the picture. My coffee arrives which I sip till I spot the car and hubby. Time to go, even as a voice inside whispers 'hey ! hang around or walk on the pavement with hands stuck in pockets, listening to the FM or walkman, with strides that take you nowhere...'. 'Late hours...its a Man's world, time to go home baby, sighs another voice'. inside'.

No comments:

Post a Comment