Thursday, March 5, 2009

Solitude

I long for thee...
Everyday I am amidst people who mean to me and who need me too
but I need to meet you at least once every day.
Some days I have interesting moments with friends and the day ends beautifully too.
But with you its different. Early morning, when no one gets up
or late at night when everybody sleep, its you who I meet.
To watch from the window, highway lights that twinkle
Between me and the glitter..
the silence of the night...
the silhoutte of the tall firs
Oh ! I almost hear a whisper...
The eyes can't help wanting more...
more of the darkness...
how much more dark a night can be ?
I wonder...
though its the morning that rejuvenates me...
the night mesmerizes
with its unusual quietness..
I am o.k. with it till I am called to sleep.
The morning's glory...
its entirely different...
the colors enchanting...
a riot of bewitching blue, orange...
I am not alone in celebrating the dawn...
My winged friends join me...
and Nature starts putting up a show..
which enthralls my being..
Its lovely...the stillness outside,
that matches the aloneness within...
feeds the life in me...
to take on another day...
I am ready !

No comments:

Post a Comment