Tuesday, March 3, 2009

To you guys of PC College of Engg. Akurdi


At first, the Computers and the Mechanical batch interested me but now I am beginning to enjoy the I.T. batch too. The expression writ on your faces vary from curiosity, amusement, intrigue to the usual 'checking out' attitude of a typical student. As for me, the Trainer (or a teacher called by various modern nomenclatures...facilitator, coach etc), I have this challenge of creating ample interest in you before I start my presentation. I hate to teach (that must be evident to you now) but have always believed in being the guide you need so that you carve your own path, create a niche. Being the friend who understands but being firm when situation demands has been my motto and I have always got wonderful results...when some of you, after the class is over, come to me for advice. I am always bowled out by your honest confessions. You want to be treated as young adults I know, i.e. with respect and you long for love too, both of which you deserve.
Yesterday when I wanted to teach 'Presentation Skills' and asked you to 'Present' instead, you came out wonderfully.

Tu dhoop hai, cham sey bikhar
Tu hai nadi, o bekhabar
Ud chal kaheen, beh chal kaheen
dil khush jahaan,
teri tho manzil hai waheen

Above lines from Aamir Khan's 'Tare zameen par' ..I want to dedicate to you. Well, skills you have, all you need is polishing and a willingness to learn, which I see in you and am happy about it too. Except for one or two of you who want to project your mind because you have so much to tell and very few an audience ! You need to know you have to be 'the audience' first before someone listens to you. Well today its you the I.T. people. See you at the college !

No comments:

Post a Comment