Sunday, April 26, 2009

Introspection

               After a not so hectic but you could call it a busy day yesterday, I woke up today morning after a deep slumber. But there was chaos in mind somehow when I opened my eyes. What happens to the mind during night, when it sleeps or rather the body sleeps ? The mind must be like the mother who puts/orders her kids (organs) to sleep (slow down). The cells doing their activities slowly/rythmically, the brain cells included. O.k. but the point is why does the 'well slept mind' like a switch switched off or something for 6-8 hours, start buzzing with all the previous day's/months ? thoughts ? Ugh ! I just didn't want all that processing today morning especially after a  sound baby sleep. The thoughts, all randomly strewn were like the dancing figures in 'Tare zameen par'. What is a tranquil mind like I thought? The word tranquil is good, sort of soothing. Can the mind go 'word blank' ? 'thought blank' ? like an empty apartment, after each night and don an entirely different 'thought attire' that's new, fresh and moving, 'in the zone' ? Swami Vivekananda's peaceful face comes to the picture, meditating on the rock amidst the oceanly furore. Silence is delicious too. Utmost calm....like the few seconds halt between notes of music that creates the rhythm. 
                         At times I want to be like that, sitting on the rock, like him. But then his quest was different, for the whole mankind. Mine ? for myself ? How selfish ? And how puny ? A bigger quest, bigger the solution like what made him sit in between the three seas to meditate. Hmm ! here I am wanting a solution 'big/huge' like his, but do I want the same problems which he had ? I like Vivekananda. He was a regular guy like us i.e. had formal education, so thought like us mere mortals too. And his search was no different from ours. I wish we who share his homeland will be able to give to the west what he gave. The East is richer in things that the West doesn't have, never had. I have always felt the need to do in any minuscule way like what Vivekanand did. Am waiting...

3 comments:

  1. Go there sit on the rock beside the Vivekanand rock in a lotus position and have hubby click a snap..we shall call it Veena's rock ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only the Kau can give stupendous counsel like that ! Worth giving a thought, hope there is one besides the V rock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps one can start by giving to oneself like Vivekananda did. Only after I attain closure with self, can I give out...

    To give to oneself all the love, warmth, dignity, respect and acceptance. Is that easy? I have my own struggles with them.

    ReplyDelete